Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Day 3- venture into my thoughts

First I want to shout a huge thank you to my friends, family, and entire community who have sent snacks, masks, love, support and prayers. I appreciate each of you! Now to the second question on everyone's mind.... no I do not have a fever and I am currently healthy and well!


I was able to have my first day on the unit moved to Wednesday as I have a few more weeks of class to finish up my masters program and hopefully graduate in May 3rd!  I have class every Tuesday from 9am to 3pm but due to current circumstances it is all online. The other nurses that I met yesterday all had their first day today or tonight. As of now they seem to be doing well and have texted updates that they are alright so far! I look forward to hearing updates as I mentally prepare for tomorrow. From what I understand after yesterday, I will not know ahead of time what unit I will be assigned to, but will have to report to the nursing office each morning to be notified of where I will be that day. As of now, I do not have any idea of my schedule except that I am contracted to work 4 days a week for the next 6 weeks on day shift 7a-7p.... and that they will allow me off Tuesdays for the next 3 weeks.

Over the last few days, I have had some time alone in this hotel and empty town to think about what it means to be a hero, as well as the definitions of  bravery, fear and worry.
  • fear: an unpleasant often strong emotion caused by anticipation or awareness of danger
  • worry: give way to anxiety or unease; allow one's mind to dwell on difficulty or troubles
  • hero: one who shows great courage; a person admired for achievements and noble qualities
  • brave: ready to face and endure danger or pain; showing courage.
Sunday night once I arrived in the hotel I was thinking about Monday morning and what it would bring. Reflecting on my emotions and feelings regarding all the encouragement and support messages that I had received and what was said about me. The words listed above had been circling around in my mind all day. below is a picture of a devotional reading (from Jesus Calling) that helped me refocus my thoughts and calm my mind in preparation for Monday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment