Sunday, April 5, 2020

The beginning

Flying to NYC to start work as an RN tomorrow morning. This is surreal. As I am sitting in DC at the airport (below) and NYC La Guardia airport (above) there is no one in sight except airport employees. Some people are wearing masks while others have gloves. My flight from Ohio had 16 people and about half were flight attendants and pilots headed elsewhere. 

Upon arriving at the hotel, I was given a welcome bag with a granola bar and water and this card shown below.

5 comments:

  1. We love you Laura. We are praying for you stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you. I hope you're able to sleep on the plane and arrive safely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of love and prayers your way... be careful out there ❤ miss you

    ReplyDelete
  4. God Bless and Keep you safe Laura. I will remember you in my prayers! I have a son in NYC and worry daily about him getting the care he could need someday. I'm very grateful to you.

    ReplyDelete